I stumbled upon this brilliant piece in Brand Engine Blog. This was a Print Ad for Marriott Hotels that ran in several national newspapers and magazines, on January 20, 2009. If the date looks familiar, it was the day Obama was elected into office as the 44th President.
This was also at the height of the American recession. So this ad speaks volumes, poignantly reminding us that we should NEVER SURRENDER TO ALL THE NAYSAYERS OUT THERE , who will always question, criticize, and undermine our big ideas, plans or dreams.
- You can’t abolish slavery.
- You can’t build a railroad from the Atlantic to the Pacific.
- You can’t give women the right to vote.
- You can’t fly a plane from New York to Paris.
- You can’t defeat Nazi Germany.
- You can’t devise a plan to rebuild war-ravaged Europe.
- You can’t cure polio.
- You can’t allow black children and white children to go to school together.
- You can’t put a man on the moon.
- You can’t pass a Civil Rights act.
- You can’t beat the Russians in hockey.
- You can’t help bring down the Berlin Wall.
- You can’t map the human genome.
- You can’t elect a black man President of the United States.
Inspiration: Brand Engine